"As kingfishers catch fire, dragonflies draw flame; / [ . . . ] Each mortal thing does one thing and the same: / Deals out that being indoors each one dwells; / Selves -- goes itself; 'myself' it speaks and spells, / Crying 'What I do is me; for that I came'." --Gerard Manley Hopkins

11 November 2005

Veterans Day

Thank you to both my grandfathers and to my father-in-law. Thank you, Daddy. Thank you, my big brother and my husband. And thank you to my sons-in-law and to my beloved oldest son.

Without you, there would be no peace, no place to write and teach and love and read and worship in freedom unknown anywhere else.

You are my heroes.

May all I do with this freedom you have won and kept for me be worthy of the sacrifices you have made.

I love you. God bless you.

No comments:

Followers