"As kingfishers catch fire, dragonflies draw flame; / [ . . . ] Each mortal thing does one thing and the same: / Deals out that being indoors each one dwells; / Selves -- goes itself; 'myself' it speaks and spells, / Crying 'What I do is me; for that I came'." --Gerard Manley Hopkins

15 December 2006

Christmas Cometh . . . At Last!

I have turned in grades and am now simply trying to clear the mind, find the things I need to take with me to work on during the break, clean up the office a bit so it looks better when I come back.

We will be gone for a couple of weeks, probably without internet access.

The YM sent me an email yesterday:

Dear Santa Claus,

When I was little, I accepted that when you pass judgment on little children, you really knew what was right and wrong. But now, a lifetime of experience has left me bitter. What is good? What is bad?

Can I say to my neighbor "I am good and you are bad?" Who are you to say if we are good or bad? And where's that iPod Nano? Huh??

This will be the last year I send a letter to you, so you'd better get everything on my list right this time. (Last year you mixed up my list with someone who wanted t-shirts and underwear.)

iPod Nano, xBox360, Sam's Town by The Killers, a Pearls treasury, some sunglasses that Gwen Stefani wore in Wind It Up, and $200 cash.

Thank you.

p.s. Can you give me Fred Claus's email address? You know, your brother who give gifts to all the bad children.
**************

I'm still laughing.

May you have a blessed Christmas season and know the love of the One who came so we could be reconciled to the Father.

3 comments:

Lucindyl said...

This cracked me up. A clever, clever Young Man!

GrumpyTeacher1 said...

Done with grades?!

I'm eating my heart out.

Fieldfleur said...

Merry Christmas, Beth! I hope that it's relaxing and rewarding (ipod Nano does sound good:).

Teri

Followers