"As kingfishers catch fire, dragonflies draw flame; / [ . . . ] Each mortal thing does one thing and the same: / Deals out that being indoors each one dwells; / Selves -- goes itself; 'myself' it speaks and spells, / Crying 'What I do is me; for that I came'." --Gerard Manley Hopkins

05 December 2006

Tarnished Brass, White Gold

Yesterday the tarnished brass of a full moon barely peeked through the branches, disappearing behind the far ridge as I reached the bottom of the old ferry road. Still, her light brightened the sky enough to keep the dark at bay.

This morning, she shone like white gold, riding the tips of the pines and blazing out above the mountains as I left the trees behind, her light suffusing the western sky as brightly as the hinting sun did the eastern horizon.

However full or bright, He uses His reflection, even at times whether we will or no.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Beautiful Beth. Just beautiful.

Beth Impson said...

Thanks, Lisa! I left a long comment at your weblog the other day, and then couldn't get logged into gmail to post it . . . :( Do know that I've appreciated your last couple of posts; they have made me think.

Beth

Anonymous said...

Thanks for that great image, Dr. Impson.

Anonymous said...

That's a keeper Beth... a thought and image that my heart will need to dwell upon as the seasons of life march forward.

To His glory,
Ralph

Beth Impson said...

Thanks for visiting, John, Ralph. It's always good to know when someone is moved . . .

Followers