"As kingfishers catch fire, dragonflies draw flame; / [ . . . ] Each mortal thing does one thing and the same: / Deals out that being indoors each one dwells; / Selves -- goes itself; 'myself' it speaks and spells, / Crying 'What I do is me; for that I came'." --Gerard Manley Hopkins

07 May 2010

Telling Tales

This morning Daddy and I got to talking about all the things he'd done over the years, and I commented that the more things you did the more stories you had to tell, and reminded him of what I've always said -- "You're the best story-teller in the world, Daddy." He thought that one over and said something like, "And the older you get, the better the stories are, because you can say anything!" We both started laughing and he laughed out loud and for so long that the whole lobby was laughing with us. It was a good morning.

2 comments:

Lutestring said...

I love this snapshot - you and your father and all the people laughing - rejoicing at what his long life has earned. Bless him and I can tell he has a marvelous sense of mischief! :)

<3

Beth Impson said...

It's amazing how like himself he is, with the difficulties he is enduring. We were blessed with that grin many times this week!

Followers