"As kingfishers catch fire, dragonflies draw flame; / [ . . . ] Each mortal thing does one thing and the same: / Deals out that being indoors each one dwells; / Selves -- goes itself; 'myself' it speaks and spells, / Crying 'What I do is me; for that I came'." --Gerard Manley Hopkins

08 May 2011

Sunday Update: Best Mother's Day Ever

Today Davina walked without the cane. Friday a walker; Saturday a cane; Sunday all on her own: amazing recovery in such little time!

She called this afternoon when Daniel was there so I spoke to two of the kids at once -- what fun!

She sounded like herself, laughing and joking with the little brother, making fun of herself a bit about dragging her foot as she walks, pretending indignation at the littlest one's sudden ability to stay happily overnight away from Mommy . . .

So happy today!

3 comments:

Kamilla said...

Beth,

what a great Mother's Day present!

Kamilla

LuCindy said...

I am so very, very happy about the speed with which she's healing and improving! How are the headaches?

Beth Impson said...

Yes, indeed, Kamilla!

LuCindy, the headaches are excruciating right now, but that's because of the swelling from surgery and the healing process just beginning. It'll be awhile, I guess, but if she can get off the IV meds, she can go home!

Followers