"As kingfishers catch fire, dragonflies draw flame; / [ . . . ] Each mortal thing does one thing and the same: / Deals out that being indoors each one dwells; / Selves -- goes itself; 'myself' it speaks and spells, / Crying 'What I do is me; for that I came'." --Gerard Manley Hopkins

18 September 2014

Beauty, beauty, beauty . . .

The last few days:  clouds and dark fog, clouds and mist, clouds and rain -- mirrors to my sad-weary heart.  But this morning:  a crescent moon shining joy into the early-morning, still-night sky, lifting the weight from my soul and making another day seem possible.  Thankfulness for beauty and eyes to see.

2 comments:

fb said...

Nice site, Like it. Every indication I've seen or heard confirms that you are a great teacher who works with diligence and a heap of labor at her craft and profession,"knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord." I could have profited much from a teacher like yourself and with your credentials. I have great respect for your having earned a PhD in your field, even more so given your emphasis. (An EdD on the otherhand, not so much-LOL. Hey! I held out as long as I could being completely straight. Guess I'm just not cut out for a life of"con·tem·pla·tive repose.") I know Keiller played an important role in that effort too. Bryan "did good" by their selection.

This PSA was an amicus professur and may be edited in whole or in part at the discretion of the blog owner.Thank you for your kind attention. rich terry,NR (non robotic-uh oh,I flunked the test, never fails. 2nd try....)

Beth Impson said...

Rich, thank you so much for visiting and browsing, and for your so very kind words. You have given encouragement on a day I happened to need it very much!

Bless you!

Beth

Followers